Knotty Tiger – Knot Buster® Massage Tool
This little Knot Buster® massage tool can help relieve muscle soreness and stiffness. It is used most often by massage therapists for chair massages. The massage ball rolls easily over clothes and skin while saving your hands and fingers from fatigue. This tool simulates the therapist’s deep tissue elbow massage technique. Massage therapists love adding essential oils to this tool. Small, lightweight, and portable so you can bring it anywhere!
Where Does It Work Best
Work best for self-massaging on the neck, shoulder, pecs, biceps, triceps, arm, hip, IT band, and other small muscles. This tool works great to help massage your buddy on their shoulders and back.
How does it work?
- Apply pressure and roll the Knotty Tiger Jr. on your muscle.
- Relaxing your muscles during this process will help you massage the “belly” of the muscle.
- You are the judge of how much pressure to apply. Strive for a “good hurt”- from 5-7 on a scale of 1-10. “Grimacing” with pressure can be described as that “hurts so good” feeling. It’s not unusual for people to laugh and/or get really serious when applying this type of pressure on a muscle knot. This is usually where we see the best success.
- Always follow muscle paths. Massage each muscle group for 10-20 seconds. With each pass, gently press deeper into the muscle. Avoid massaging directly over bones.
- Tender muscle knots can reduce the range of motion while causing minor aches, discomfort, and muscle fatigue. Knots come in various sizes, like a pin head, pea, noodle, or small pickle.
- Minor discomfort or tenderness may be experienced when passing over muscle knots. To minimize knots, apply 10 seconds of firm, constant, focused strokes, for three sets.
- Recurring or stubborn muscle knots often need additional attention. Using Tiger Tail products 2-3 times a day may help speed healing. Over the course of time, muscle knots should get smaller or disappear.