The Essential One
The Essential One Foam Roller is used by pros around the world. This Essential foam roller easily breaks up muscle knots and releases muscle tightness. Great for Physical Therapy, before or after Exercise, Yoga, and Massage Therapy. Smooth surface and does not lose its shape after heavy use. Made in the USA.
Where Does It Work Best
Work best for the back, glutes, and quads, IT bands, hamstrings. The tool allows you to roll away on the targeted muscle group. Best usage: roll on the floor.
How to Use?
- The Essential One was designed to be used on the floor. Position the muscle that you want to massage on top of the foam roller and start rolling.
- Relaxing your muscles during this process will help you massage the “belly” of the muscle.
- You are the judge of how much pressure to apply. Strive for a “good hurt”- from 5-7 on a scale of 1-10. If lying on top of the foam roller on the floor is too painful for you, try to put the foam roller on a bed or couch. “Grimacing” with pressure can be described as that “hurts so good” feeling. It’s not unusual for people to laugh and/or get really serious when applying this type of pressure on a muscle knot. This is usually where we see the best success.
- Always follow muscle paths. Massage each muscle group 10-20 seconds. With each pass, gently press deeper into the muscle. Avoid massaging directly over bones.
- Tender muscle knots can reduce range of motion while causing minor aches, discomfort and muscle fatigue. Knots come in various sizes, like a pin head, pea, noodle or small pickle.
- Minor discomfort or tenderness may be experienced when passing over muscle knots. To minimize knots, apply 10 seconds of firm, constant, focused strokes, for three sets.
- Recurring or stubborn muscle knots often need additional attention. Using Tiger Tail products 2-3 times a day may help speed healing. Over the course of time, muscle knots should get smaller or disappear.